terms and conditions 2009 - 2010
DEPOSITConfirmation of each function by Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd is assured by the return of a 10% non-refundable deposit. This reserves the agreed date based on the last agreed quote, unless otherwise agreed in writing. A further 70% of the agreed cost is due no less than one month before the event. These deposits will be deducted from the final invoice.
PRICING POLICYThe costs are based on a set minimum number of guests, as mentioned in the quote. Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd reserves the right to alter the quoted price, on consultation with the host, should the number of guests increase or decrease significantly or below this minimum number, and should ingredient prices increase significantly in the intervening period.
TASTINGTastings are only available during winter months for confirmed jobs at a charge of £200 plus ingredients.
FINAL NUMBERSFinal numbers of guests should be agreed in writing one week prior to the event and this number will be the final number invoiced, unless agreed in writing prior to the event.
- All prices are based on a per person charge for food, unless otherwise stated in the quote
- All invoices are subject to VAT at the current rate
- There is no corkage charge on drinks
- Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd reserves the right to charge should the furniture need setting up prior to the event
- All breakages and losses of equipment used will be charged for
- Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd is not responsible for the removal of bottles
- Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd is not responsible for cleaning of premises
CANCELLATIONNormally 4 weeks' notice of cancellation is sufficient in writing. However, if at the time of cancellation any equipment, services or food have already been ordered from our suppliers (which cannot be cancelled without cost to Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd), customers will be charged the full price. Events cancelled with less that 2 weeks notice will be charged at the following:
|10-14 days||50% of the estimated final invoice|
|5-9 days||80% of the estimated final invoice|
|4 days||re-invoiced and charged at 100%|
LOSS OR DAMAGE
- If property of Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd is wilfully or negligently damaged or stolen at a function the replacement cost is payable by the client
- If a client's property is wilfully or negligently damaged by ourselves we will pay the replacement cost
- Accidental damage at an event should be covered by the client's own insurance and no claim can be accepted by ourselves
- Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd does not accept responsibility for the personal property of clients or guests. Cloakrooms can be provided upon request but goods are left at the owner's risk and without any obligation on the part of Victoria Blashford-Snell Ltd.
FORCE MAJEUREVictoria Blashford-Snell Ltd shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to provide services as a result of any act or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to Act of God, legislation, war, fire, drought, failure of power supply, lockout or strike.
PAYMENTSettlement is due for payment within 15 days of date of account. Accounts not paid within the time will attract a surcharge of 2.5% for every calendar month until payment is made, and for this calculation the calendar month in which the account should have been paid will be included.
LAWThe laws of England and the jurisdiction of English Courts will apply to any dispute.